|Jacksons Mill Covered Bridge
Bedford County Pa
|Jacksons Mill bridge is named for M. J. Jackson who owned
a nearby sawmill. Built in 1875 by Karns Rohm it crosses
Brush Creek on East Providence Twp Rt 412, 3 1/2 miles
south of Breezewood Pa. It is a Burr arch type 91 ft long
& 15 ft wide. It is owned by Bedford county and open to
public travel. It is in exelent condition. It is #80003414
on the National Register Of Historic Places.
During the great flood of 1889 that leveled Johnstown the
bridge was washed from it's former location 300 yards
downstream to where it stands today. It was rebuilt there
rather than dragging it back upstream. It was again rebuilt
in 1992 after being closed for five years.
There are 3 models in this series, JM-2 & JM-3 are
available. The models are 1/48 scale which is O-gauge. The
bridges are wooden construction with shake roofs of 50
year old cedar.